[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Leksah 0.10.0

jutaro jnf at arcor.de
Mon May 2 17:43:53 CEST 2011

Hi Mathew,
I was not the one working on Yi integration so far, but let me tell
you
what I think of the matter. Yi attempts to be a full blown editor,
while Leksah
needs Yi as a library for text editing with features typical of a
source code editor component.

What we have in Leksah is an abstract TextEditor interface.
So if I would work on it (and I can't say if I will do) I would fork
Yi, and
factor out a simple TextEditor library, and then would try to convince
the
Yi people that it would make sense to refactor Yi this way.

As it is now we have Yi in some way integrated, but it is not well
defined,
what part of functionality Leksah and Yi play, and I guess we will not
reach
something usable this way.

Jürgen