[Haskell-cafe] Can't build Gtk2hs on Windows

jutaro jnf at arcor.de
Thu May 5 10:03:01 CEST 2011

I just installed gtk2hs on Windows last week (for Leksah development).

I downloded and unzipped the following files to a gtk folder:
gtk+-bundle_2.22.1-20101227_win32.zip
gtksourceview-2.10.0.zip
gtksourceview-dev-2.10.0.zip
libxml2_2.7.7-1_win32.zip
libxml2-dev_2.7.7-1_win32.zip
I added the bin of the gtk folder to my path.

Then just installed gtk2hs the usual way
(cabal install gtk2hs-buildtools,
cabal install gtksourceview2)

It failed then with linker errors, until I realised, that I
had other gtk installations in the path (Pidgin, ghostview).
After I took them out all went fine.

Jürgen