[Haskell-cafe] Fwd: [GeekUp] Functional Programming Night at GeekUp Liverpool May

Hakim Cassimally hakim.cassimally at gmail.com
Fri May 6 16:19:06 CEST 2011

If anyone's in Northwest UK on Tuesday 31st May, why not come to
Geekup's first ever "Functional Programming Night"?

    http://lanyrd.com/2011/geekup-liverpool-may/

It'll mostly consist of 3 short talks on Haskell, Lisp, and Clojure:

    * Haskell in the Real World (Hakim @osfameron)
    * Implenting a Lisp interpreter in .Net (Simon Johnson)
    * Clojure: why you should be interested in a 50 year old language
(Tom Mortimer-Jones @morty_uk)

There will also be beer!

The talks are likely to be more "general interest" than assuming deep
knowledge of FP, but it would be great to meet anyone around UK NW to
gauge interest in more in-depth sessions sometime in the future!

Hakim