[Haskell-cafe] Server hosting

Erik Hesselink hesselink at gmail.com
Sat May 7 12:59:24 CEST 2011

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 12:38, Andrew Coppin <andrewcoppin at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 07/05/2011 09:10 AM, Gregory Collins wrote:
>>
>> Linode. Can't recommend them highly enough.
>
> If Linode is really the cheapest that the Internet has to offer, I'm going
> to need to find a job that pays /significantly/ more money...
>
> (I'm also not sure whether being billed in USD is possibly a bad idea. Banks
> have a habit of charging you currency conversion fees for that. Then again,
> I haven't found many companies that list prices in GBP.)

There's definitely cheaper services. We rent dedicated servers at
leaseweb (leaseweb.com, they bill in euros), and they have them
starting at €33. They also have virtual servers starting at €9. Their
deals, especially with dedicated servers, fluctuate quite a bit, so it
can pay off to check back if you can't find something good.

Erik