[Haskell-cafe] Inconsistent window updates with SDL library

Michael Serra mk.serra at gmail.com
Tue May 17 02:38:35 CEST 2011

Greetings Haskellers,
  I'm relatively new to the language and I'm writing a basic game of life
simulation to try out the SDL bindings.  The program updates the window with
the next generation of cells each time you press 'n', and the problem I'm
finding is that every so often the window stops updating.  The program
continues; refreshing the window (by moving it, say) updates it to the
correct current state.  I thought there must be a big problem with my code,
but found the same behavior with lesson
20<https://github.com/snkkid/LazyFooHaskell>of the SDL lazyfoo
tutorials (the animation test).  Can anyone explain what
is causing this?  I hope to hear I've made some obvious mistake, rather than
discover any limitation with the useful SDL bindings..