[Haskell-cafe] Status of Haskell + Mac + GUIs & graphics

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Wed May 18 21:29:40 CEST 2011

On 18 May 2011 19:25, Tom Murphy <amindfv at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd give three reasons for disagreeing:
> 1. Developing a complete GUI has been a low priority up until now,

I don't think that not having something as desireable good GUI suited
anyone much, nor has it actually been a low priority - a lot of work
has gone into the tools we have (and those that are now bit-rotted).

It's more a case of an "industrial" level of effort is needed to
develop and maintain a GUI solution. Java's Swing and Microsoft's
Dot.Net had teams of programmers building them as loss leaders to
establish their platforms. Similarly even GTK has had huge amount of
resources invested in it.