[Haskell-cafe] GOA broken with recent lambdabots

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Tue May 24 10:26:31 CEST 2011

On 2011 May 24, at 10:13, Christopher Done wrote:

> On 24 May 2011 10:05, Jacek Generowicz <jacek.generowicz at cern.ch>
> wrote:
>> GOA is broken with recent lambdabots, according to
>>
>>    http://hackage.haskell.org/package/goa-3.0.2
>>
>> It certainly fails to compile for me (like this
>> http://hpaste.org/46994/goa_build_failure )
>
> I can fix it tonight. Not a big deal.

Great. Thanks.

> Curious; do people still use GOA?

It sounds like a very useful tool, but as I have never managed to
install it yet, I don't know what it will be like in reality. I do
imagine myself using it though. I run GHCi within my Emacs, which
allows me to interactively test ideas while I'm writing programs, and
GOA promises to put so many more useful tools at my fingertips built
in to the same environment. It looks *very* useful.