[Haskell-cafe] Cabal: wrapping namespace of a package into top-level module

Henning Thielemann schlepptop at henning-thielemann.de
Tue May 24 21:49:23 CEST 2011

Brandon Moore schrieb:

>> From: max ulidtko <ulidtko at gmail.com>

> 3) There's also package-qualified imports, but I don't think you should use them -
> if there are actually conflicts on those top-level module names, the package
> should be fixed sooner rather than later.

4) Write wrapper modules with Hierarchical module names that you want.
Such modules might look like

module Package.Name.Basic (module Basic) where

import Basic

GHC allows conflicting module names, and if you import only your wrapper
package, then all modules from the original package like Basic are
invisible.