[Haskell-cafe] lambdabot check

Jacek Generowicz jacek.generowicz at cern.ch
Wed May 25 23:25:28 CEST 2011

On 2011 May 25, at 16:09, Mark Wright wrote:

> Hi Jacek,

Hi Mark,

Thanks once again for your excellent answer.

> The show module names were changed in the upgrade from show 0.3.4 to
> show 0.4.1.1.

OK, I see that in show.cabal, ShowIO disappears from the exposed-
modules section. This is confirmed by the fact that Show.hs has
disappeared from the source. The contents of the latter were just a
single instance declaration which now appears in ShowFun.hs.

 From all this I infer that lambdabot uses show, and in the process
wants to import ShowIO: Such imports are indeed found in State/L.hs
and State/Pristine.hs. Given that everything that used to live in
ShowIO has been swallowed by ShowFun, we could just import ShowFun at
those to place instead.

> On gentoo I conditionally sed lambdabot to account
> for this, then print out a note that the user may need to copy
> the State/* files, in particular L.hs and Pristine.hs for this
> problem,

With you so far ..

> to ~/.lambdabot/State.

Huh?

is ~/.<packagename>/ some sort of cabal convention? Or are you using
it as a shorthand for ~/.cabal/packages/<yaddayadda>/<packagename> ?
Or is it some way in which you *could* organize your Cabal packages
which happens to be different from what I have on my systems (by
default)?

Ah, it is nothing to do with cabal, it's just lambdabot's personal
data! (Which needs to have State/L.hs in it. It seems to work without
Pristine.hs. Fine, at this stage I'm just prepared to accept this
directory as magic).

I seem to have a working lambabot check. (i.e. 'lambdabot> check True'
claims to pass 100 tests.)

Thank you.