[Haskell-cafe] Hackage feature request: E-mail author when a package breaks

Diego Souza dsouza at bitforest.org
Wed Nov 2 02:08:38 CET 2011

The perl community has something really interesting for quite long time:
http://wiki.cpantesters.org/wiki/HomePage

Or more specifically:
http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=DBI

The idea is simple: there are many different platforms that would be
to expensive for one to support. So they ask the community for help,
and then distribute the load amongst the perl community.

It servers for testing modules and also perl distribution itself.

It may work better for this purpose than relying on a single
centralized platform, namely Hackage.

~dsouza