[Haskell-cafe] Tell cabal-install to generate only shared libraries

Yves Parès limestrael at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 17:58:14 CET 2011

Hello,

When I tell cabal-install to build shared libraries (with "Shared: True" in
.cabal/config), it doubles the libraries installation time since it
compiles them twice, since it seems that is what GHC's flag "-shared" does.
Is there a way to generate only the .so and not the the .a libs?

Furthermore, I have the impression that the executables compiled by
cabal-install are always linked statically... Can I tell cabal-install to
activate the GHC's flag "-dynamic" for executables?

Thanks.