[Haskell-cafe] Time zones and IO

Chris Smith cdsmith at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 08:56:05 CET 2011

On Sun, 2011-11-06 at 17:25 -0500, Heller Time wrote:
>  unless the machine running the program using time-recurrence was traveling across timezones (and the system was updating that fact)

Note that this is *not* an unusual situation at all these days.  DST was
already mentioned, but also note that more and more software is running
on mobile devices that do frequently update their time zone information.
Unpredictably breaking code when this occurs is going to get a lot worse
when people starting building Haskell for their Android and iOS phones,
as we're very very close to seeing happen.

--
Chris