[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Platform for OSX ?

dokondr dokondr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 21:31:17 CET 2011

Hi,
I am running GHC 6.12.3 at Mac OSX and have numerous problems with 'cabal
install' of different packages.
For example:
~>cabal install mongoDB
Resolving dependencies...
Configuring mongoDB-1.1.0...
Preprocessing library mongoDB-1.1.0...
Building mongoDB-1.1.0...
Control/Monad/MVar.hs:16:34:
    Module `Control.Exception.Control' does not export `mask'
mongoDB-1.1.0 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

Questions about current Haskell Platform for OSX  2011.2.0.1. :
(http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/mac.html)

1) Where can I find release notes to understand what version of GHC Haskell
Platform for OSX  2011.2.0.1 includes?
2) Will I be able to install mongoDB-1.1.0 on this release?
3) How to install it into a separate location so it would not ruin my
current platform?

Thanks!
Dmitri