[Haskell-cafe] A Mascot

Gábor Lehel illissius at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 16:52:34 CET 2011

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Karol Samborski <edv.karol at gmail.com> wrote:
> And what about a cat? The cat is associated with elegance and a kind of magic.
> Please take a look: http://origami.bieszczady.pl/images/kot.png
>
> Best,
> Karol Samborski

That's true, and I did think of it. But I don't think it's distinctive
enough. Cats are *everywhere*, you can't really claim them for
Haskell. You can't ever get to the point where people (even people who
know about it) will see a picture of a cat and think "Haskell", the
way you can with a penguin and Linux, and like you potentially could
with a lamb and Haskell. Other people may disagree, of course. (And
it's a shame, too, because a cat would be a great choice if they were
somewhat more obscure and it weren't the case that every other person
keeps two of them.)