[Haskell-cafe] A Mascot

Thomas Davie tom.davie at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 17:02:09 CET 2011

On 22 Nov 2011, at 15:40, Karol Samborski wrote:

> And what about a cat? The cat is associated with elegance and a kind of magic.
> Please take a look: http://origami.bieszczady.pl/images/kot.png

My biggest criticism of the more recent ones is simply not to get carried away with magic haskell expressions, no matter how simple you think they are.  The job of a mascot is to make people think "aww, cute, I should clearly look into something with such a cute mascot", I suspect the response here would be more like the standard Haskell "holy crap, crazy letters and symbols, get away from me!"

Bob