[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Platform

Heinrich Apfelmus apfelmus at quantentunnel.de
Sun Nov 27 10:17:05 CET 2011

Jeremy O'Donoghue wrote:
> Jerzy Karczmarczuk wrote:
>
>> B.
>> Does anybody care about wxHaskell?
>>

> Actually there has been quite a bit of work on wxHaskell recently, although
> most has not made it into the mainline yet. The archives of wxhaskell-users
> and wxhaskell-devel (both at Sourceforge) contain the details, but a short
> summary below:
>
> [..]
>
> In short, while there has not been much headline grabbing activity, we
> actually have a lot going on, and I hope it will be ready for wider use in
> the next month or two. This is mostly dependent on me getting my act
> together as lead maintainer.

Awesome work!

For those interested in wxHaskell, I would like to mention that it's now
possible to program GUIs in a purely functional style, using functional
reactive programming (FRP). See also

   http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Reactive-banana
   http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Reactive-banana/Examples

Jeremy, I would love to be able to use wxHaskell from ghci on MacOS X;
that would speed up my GUI development cycle considerably.

Best regards,
Heinrich Apfelmus

--
http://apfelmus.nfshost.com