[Haskell-cafe] ANN: OpenCL 1.0.1.3 package

Luis Cabellos cabellos at ifca.unican.es
Mon Oct 3 12:56:37 CEST 2011

Hello, all.

I want to show you the OpenCL package. I have done this using Jeff Heard
OpenCLRaw package, but I create a new one due the lack of updates of the
former.

# Where to get it

* Hackage page (http://hackage.haskell.org/package/OpenCL)
* Repository (https://github.com/zhensydow/opencl)
* Bugs (https://github.com/zhensydow/opencl/issues)
* Examples (https://github.com/zhensydow/opencl/tree/master/examples).

# Things:

* I write it's high-level binding to OpenCL libraries, but only because I
added more types to hide most of the alloc/free of the API, and hide the
enums using c2hs enums.
* The worst problem of the OpenCLRaw is the bad types it use, I learn to fix
32/64 bits issues with c2hs, and test it on linux machines.
* Tested on Linux + NVidia only.
* Jason Dagit is helping with Windows, OSX testing in own fork, also the
call-conv fork in github has changes to work on Windows

Please, Consider it's on experimental status but it works, I need lots of
feedbacks for detect posible errors,
Thanks,