[Haskell-cafe] SMP parallelism increasing GC time dramatically

Tom Thorne thomas.thorne21 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 13:52:20 CEST 2011

The speedup is around 6 times on a 12 core machine, which I think is pretty
decent given that the parallelised section is only a part of my code. The
nested parMaps were left over from a previous implementation, I have moved
to using just the inner one, since the outer map doesn't divide the work
equally and causes one thread to do most of the work.