[Haskell-cafe] How to implement a digital filter, using Arrows?

John Lask jvlask at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 20 00:02:19 CEST 2011

On 20/10/2011 5:11 AM, Captain Freako wrote:

for your use case then, the StateArrow seems more appropriate as it
provides you with the final state. Ofcourse the Automaton arrow could
also be used:

 > liftAu' f s0 = proc x -> do
 >    rec (y,s') <- arr f -< (x,s)
 >        s <- delay s0 -< s'
 >    returnA -< (y,s)

this explicitly returns the state with evry value. However, you then
need to manually thread the state through.

note: the arrow "plumbing" is only used when you start composing
filters, with arrow combinators. If your not doing any composition as
such then lifting your functions into the "arrows" is not buying you much.