[Haskell-cafe] Data structure

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Thu Sep 1 09:16:44 CEST 2011

yrazes <yrazes at gmail.com> writes:

> I want to compare data structure between Haskell, Java, Lisp and C. I am
> wondering if I could compare list comprehention in haskell with the vector
> class in Java, macros in common lisp and dynamic arrays in C.

You /can/ compare them, of course, but they are very different
concepts.  I'd classify list comprehensions and macros as control
structures, rather than data structures, for instance.

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to compare Haskell's algebraic data
types with C structs, Java classes, and Lisp S-expressions?

-k