[Haskell-cafe] regex-applicative library needs your help! (algorithmic challenge)

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Tue Sep 13 23:41:51 CEST 2011

* Roman Cheplyaka <roma at ro-che.info> [2011-09-14 00:29:55+0300]
> Then there's another issue: I specifically want a combinator library,
> and not every automaton-based algorithm can serve this purpose in a
> statically typed language (unless there's some clever trick I don't
> know).

Just to clarify: by "clever" trick I don't mean a "dirty" trick, like
using unsafeCoerce in frisby[1]. I guess I'm just too young and naive to
use that kind of stuff.

Glushkov automaton is nice because it can be used to implement parsing
combinators in pure Haskell + GADTs.

[1]: http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/frisby/0.1/doc/html/src/Text-Parsers-Frisby.html