[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] [ANNOUNCE] Haskdogs-0.1

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 07:19:02 CEST 2011

Re-cc'ing -cafe:

On 14 September 2011 14:29, yi huang <yi.codeplayer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 11:32 AM, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
> <ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 14 September 2011 13:27, yi huang <yi.codeplayer at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > I have installed hasktags, and .cabal/bin is in my PATH, i can run
>> > hasktags
>> > directly from shell.
>> > What else did i miss?
>>
>> How did you specify your PATH?  You can't use ~/.cabal/bin, you need
>> either $HOME/.cabal/bin or the fully expanded path.
>
> It is $HOME/.cabal/bin , and `which hasktags' can find it without problem.
> Cabal 1.10.2, ghc 7.0.4, i'm trying to look into cabal source to find the
> problem.

Actually... looks like you're right.  I can't build it either, he
appears to have hard-coded some paths in and it appears that you need
some kind of magic to register a program as a build tool (that's what
the error is from: hasktags isn't a registered build-tool).

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com