[Haskell-cafe] Error in cabal install of monad-par?

Rishiyur Nikhil nikhil at acm.org
Thu Sep 15 20:01:23 CEST 2011

Apropos my previous request for help (below): I think I've managed to
diagnose it and fix it myself.

It looks like I had a previous version of ghc installed (using 'port install
ghc', which installed 6.10.x in /opt/local/bin/.
The Haskell Platform seems to install 7.0.3, in /usr/bin/.
Looks like cabal was invoking the older ghc due it being earlier in my PATH.
Fixed, and it installs ok now.

Thanks anyway,

Nikhil