[Haskell-cafe] ANN: numerals

Roel van Dijk vandijk.roel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 20:08:16 CEST 2011

> Are you familiar with the Grammatical Framework [1]? It is a Haskell
> library and language for natural language parsing and translation --
> If you need to do a lot of translation or string localization, you
> should take a look at it as much of the complexity has been addressed
> there.

Yes. Someone mentioned it to me in the Haskell IRC channel
approximately a year ago when I was discussing some problems I
had with my numerals package. I am not really in need to
translation or string localization. The numerals package is
merely a hobby project that got a bit out of hand :-)

> That said, the numeral libraries for GF are somewhat limited (and/or
> somewhat undocumented) so there is probably a lot your experience and
> library could bring to that project.

I am interested in the ways the two projects could work
together. Maybe they could check each other's results.