[Haskell-cafe] VirtuaHac - online Haskell hacathon

Chris Smith cdsmith at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 22:29:07 CEST 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-16 at 23:14 +0300, Roman Cheplyaka wrote:
> Sounds good, but what is exactly the role of Google+ here?
>
> I don't have an account and was not planning to get one, so I wonder how
> bad my experience will be without it.

Google+ is being used entirely for the Hangouts feature, which is their
system for small-group video chat.  Using Hangouts to simulate an
in-person face-to-face group interaction was the original idea that
motivated trying this out, so I see it as rather fundamental.  But, I
could be wrong.  Certainly, anyone is welcome to watch the wiki and hack
on the same projects at the same time.

--
Chris Smith