[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: fast-tags-0.0.1

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 04:37:19 CEST 2012

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 3:27 AM, Roman Cheplyaka <roma at ro-che.info> wrote:
> It's useful to mention the limitations of this package, so that people
> know what to expect and don't spend their time testing it to understand
> that it doesn't suit their needs.

Good point, I'll put the limitations and TODO stuff into the package
description.

> For example:
>  doesn't generate tags for definitions without type signatures

That was a conscious decision, though now that I think about it I
could assume they're unexported and use vim's static tags for those
definitions.  I don't know about the most common case, but I almost
always have signatures on top level definitions, and I don't really
feel like I need tags for where or let-bound definitions.

>  doesn't understand common extensions, such as type families

Oops, that was an oversight.  Should be easy enough to fix.