[Haskell-cafe] Yesod 1.0 Release Candidate

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Thu Apr 5 08:36:36 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

I'd like to announce the availability of the Yesod 1.0 release
candidate. The code is available on Hackage now, so you should be able
to install with a simple `cabal update && cabal install yesod` to get
up-and-running. If you've been installing from Github or Yackage,
you'll probably have the smoothest ride by wiping out your ~/.ghc and
~/.cabal/packages/cabal-src folders, and disabling Yackage as a remote
repo in ~/.cabal/config.

We're setting a release date of next Monday, April 9. That's when
we'll be posting an official release announcement and releasing a new
version of yesod-platform. At this point, the code is well tested and
usable (in fact, it *is* in production use on multiple sites), but we
wanted to give everyone one last chance to hammer away at the code.

One of the goals with this release is to try to start pushing Haskell
and Yesod to the masses (i.e., we're going to fail to avoid success at
all costs). We're going to be trying to demonstrate the advantages
Haskell provides over other solutions out there. I think this is the
kind of effort that we can all work on together as a community. If
anyone's interested in helping out with promoting, please be in touch.

Michael