[Haskell-cafe] building ghc on arch linux ARM?

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue Apr 10 12:49:29 CEST 2012

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 10.04.2012, 12:36 +0200 schrieb Yves Parès:
> For instance, yes.
> I think I had seen some times on this mailing list or on blog posts
> (http://ghcarm.wordpress.com/) people having used GHC on ARM platform.
> I distinctly remember having seen on the mailing list that
> cross-compiling wasn't working but that we now can compile with GHC on
> ARM, which means GHC can be compiled for ARM.

I’m not sure what the news are here: Debian has provided ghc6 on arm at
least since Debian etch in 2006 (GHC 6.6), and the first Debian release
with ghc6 (Debian sarge) ships it on alpha hppa i386 ia64 m68k powerpc
s390 and sparc (GHC 6.2). All these are not cross-compiled, but natively
compiled on the repective architecture, and I don’t think it is easily
possible to cross-compile GHC itself even today. (All data from
http://archive.debian.net/)

Greetings,
Joachim

--