[Haskell-cafe] Administrative questions about Haskell GSOC (Google Summer of Code)

Ryan Newton rrnewton at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 17:18:50 CEST 2012

Hello,

As someone new to the GSOC system there are some things I'm confused about.
 There's a bunch of info out there, and I certainly haven't read all of it.

Who are the "program administrator" and "organization administrator" for
the Haskell organization?  Those roles are mentioned in the manual here:

    http://en.flossmanuals.net/GSoCMentoring/what-is-gsoc/

Presumably those are the people that actually click "accept" on the melange
site:

    https://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012

How many slots did we get?  Is the system just to accept the top rated
student proposals?

If I can find the answers to these questions maybe I can update the Wiki
for next year so it has a bit more info for mentors and about the process
as well as students:

    http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/summer-of-code/wiki/Soc2012

Thank you,
   -Ryan