[Haskell-cafe] How is default method signatures supposed to be used together with Generics

dag.odenhall at gmail.com dag.odenhall at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 06:31:47 CET 2012

The practice seems to be to not export it, but maybe it would be a better
practice to export it. That way it can work without DefaultSignatures too,
and if you use the generic-deriving package it could work with zero
extensions or GHC-specific dependencies.

Are you adding support to hashable after all? I'd love that, but thought
you decided against it because of the clash with the existing defaults.