[Haskell-cafe] LGPL and Haskell (Was: Re: ANNOUNCE: tie-knot library)

kudah kudahkukarek at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 15:51:05 CET 2012

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:06:23 +0100 Petr P <petr.mvd at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/12/12 David Thomas <davidleothomas at gmail.com>
>
> Yet another solution would be
> what David Thomas suggest: To provide the source code to your users,
> but don't allow them to use the code for anything but relinking the
> program with a different version of the library (no distribution, no
> modification etc.).

You can also provide object code for linking, though I'm sure this
will not work with Haskell object files. Providing alternative
distribution of your program linked dynamically, or a promise to
provide one on notice, also satisfies the LGPL as long as
dynamic-version is as functional as the static and can be dropped-in
as a replacement.