[Haskell-cafe] containers license issue

Christopher Howard christopher.howard at frigidcode.com
Thu Dec 13 19:45:49 CET 2012

On 12/13/2012 08:34 AM, Clint Adams wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 11:11:28PM -0800, Chris Smith wrote:
>
> That's true.  However, haskell.org's fiscal sponsor receives pro bono
> legal services.
>

> I may have been conflating threads, though the response to what I assume
> was just a lawyer asking a question seems excessive too.

Just thought I'd mention: It is possible for anyone involved in a FOSS
project to get pro bono legal advice from the SFLC, from actual lawyers
who are highly familiar with the legal aspects of FOSS licenses:

https://www.softwarefreedom.org

quote:
--------
If you are involved in a Free, Libre and Open Source Software (FLOSS)
project in need of legal advice, please email help at softwarefreedom.org.
When seeking legal advice, please use only this address to contact us
(unless you are already a client).
--------

I'm not sure if they are willing to help those who are trying to /avoid/
making a free software product, but they would likely be willing to
answer any generic questions about applicability of the GPLs, derived
works, etc.

--
frigidcode.com