[Haskell-cafe] Hackage suggestion: Gather the list of the licenses of all dependencies of a package

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Thu Dec 13 19:40:09 CET 2012

I'm not quite certain what to make of:

If you have a commercial use for cpphs, and feel the terms of the (L)GPL
are too onerous, you have the option of distributing unmodified binaries
(only, not sources) under the terms of a different licence (see
LICENCE-commercial).

It seems like that's saying "if you really want to, use the BSD license
instead." But I'm not sure what the legal meaning of "If you have a
commercial use" is. Malcolm: could you clarify what the meaning is?