[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] Support tools for development with Cabal and Darcs

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 10 14:25:14 CET 2012

On 10 February 2012 12:06, Henning Thielemann
<lemming at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:

> I have uploaded three packages to Hackage that shall simplify maintaining
> cabal packages under darcs revision control. They simplify tasks like
> uploading packages after some tests, cabal version handling, compiling
> multiple local packages in the right order, replacing identifiers in
> multiple files, renaming modules.
>
> * http://hackage.haskell.org/package/darcs-scripts
> * http://hackage.haskell.org/package/cabal-scripts
> * http://hackage.haskell.org/package/cabal-sort

Hi Henning,

Would you mind giving me a breif explanation of the "compiling
multiple local packages in the right order" feature? I'd like to
understand what is missing in cabal-install in this respect.

Currently with cabal-install you can say:

cabal install ./a ./b ./c

and it will install the packages in those directories in the right
order. (It is also possible to list other install targets including
local and remote tarballs, and of course packages from hackage).

Duncan