[Haskell-cafe] Hackage 2 maintainership

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 14 03:06:16 CET 2012

On 14 February 2012 01:53, Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> On 13 February 2012 23:44, Ben Gamari <bgamari.foss at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Those of you who follow the Haskell subreddit no doubt saw today's post
>> regarding the status of Hackage 2. As has been said many times in the
>> past, the primary blocker at this point to the adoption of Hackage 2
>> appears to be the lack of an administrator.
>
> Yes, much of it is lack of an individual to keep momentum up and keep
> everyone else motivated. While I'm keen that hackage moves forward, my
> volunteer time is spread too thin to be that person keeping everything
> organised. That said, where I spend my volunteer time is to a large
> part directed by what other people are doing, it's much more fun and
> motivating if there's other people working with you.

Ah, here's the link to my last go at getting people to self-organise.

http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/cabal-devel/2011-October/007803.html

You should find it somewhat useful. It gives an overview of people who
are / have been involved.

We did get another reasonable push at the time. In particular Max did
a lot of good work. I'm not quite sure why it petered out again, I'd
have to ask Max what went wrong, if it was my fault for letting things
block on me or if it was just holidays/christmas. Maintaining momentum
is hard.

Duncan