[Haskell-cafe] Hackage 2 maintainership

Ben Gamari bgamari.foss at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 17:16:14 CET 2012

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 02:06:16 +0000, Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 14 February 2012 01:53, Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Ben,
snip

> Ah, here's the link to my last go at getting people to self-organise.
> http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/cabal-devel/2011-October/007803.html

Excellent. I'll give it a read-through.

> You should find it somewhat useful. It gives an overview of people who
> are / have been involved.

It seems the first task will be to identify exactly what needs to be
done before we can begin the transition and record these tasks in a
single place. I don't have a particularly strong opinion concerning
where this should be (Trac, the Hackage wiki, the github issue tracker
that's been mentioned), but we should consolidate everything we have in
a single place.

> We did get another reasonable push at the time. In particular Max did
> a lot of good work. I'm not quite sure why it petered out again, I'd
> have to ask Max what went wrong, if it was my fault for letting things
> block on me or if it was just holidays/christmas. Maintaining momentum
> is hard.

This is quite true. I'll try to keep a constant push.

On another note, how did your full mirroring go last night?

Cheers,

- Ben

P.S. Duncan, sorry for the duplicate message.