[Haskell-cafe] "Good" Java book? (not off-topic)

Ivan Perez ivanperezdominguez at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 00:19:39 CET 2012

Hi, cafe,
 I find myself in the unusual position of having to recommend a few
books on Java to people who want to use it professionally. As the people
demanding this live in Burundi, I can't really say "Learn Haskell".
Odds are they won't find a job there if they don't use mainstream languages.

Is there any book on Java that approaches the language in a way
that doesn't make programmers impervious to FP and Haskell?

Not meaning to insult anybody here, I too learned Java before Haskell.
But I also think it made learning Haskell much more difficult.

Cheers,
Ivan.