[Haskell-cafe] Command Line Tools for Xcode

Lyndon Maydwell maydwell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 08:22:16 CET 2012

Hi Café.

Has anyone read the news at http://kennethreitz.com/xcode-gcc-and-homebrew.html?

It looks like Apple is going to support a minimalist command-line
based toolchain for Xcode called "Command Line Tools for Xcode" based
on the OSX-GCC-Installer project.

Would Haskell support this rather than requiring a full Xcode install?
The requirement of Xcode has always struck me as quite onerous,
however this weighs in at around 200M - Much nicer!

I'm having issues logging in to the apple developer center at the
moment and was wondering if anyone had tried it out.

Thanks!