[Haskell-cafe] network-2.3.0.10 compiled for ghc 7.4.1 windows

Sai Hemanth K saihemanth at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 04:16:23 CET 2012

Hi,

you do need msys or cygwin for "cabal install"ing network
msys at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MSYS/Base/msys-core/msys-1.0.11/MSYS-1.0.11.exe/download
You will then have to follow the instructions at
http://www.mingw.org/wiki/MSYS. Please make sure that it uses ghc's mingw

thanks
Hemanth K

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Matias Hernandez <mhernand at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Alberto.
>
> Do we need cygwin to install your compiled package? I thought not (I'm not
> very versed on this) but when I tried "cabal install network" after
> extracting it I got:
>
> Configuring network-2.3.0.11...
> cabal: The package has a './configure' script. This requires a Unix
> compatibility toolchain such as MinGW+MSYS or Cygwin.
> network-2.3.0.11 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
> ExitFailure 1
>
> Best regards, and thanks for any help!
> - Matias

I drink I am thunk.