[Haskell-cafe] Monad laws in presence of bottoms

wren ng thornton wren at freegeek.org
Wed Feb 22 09:49:46 CET 2012

On 2/22/12 2:37 AM, Dan Doel wrote:
> unless I'm still sketchy on what you mean by domain. I don't think it
> matters that we're only considering strict homomorphisms.

I think part of the problem is that there are many different ideas of
what exact properties a domain has. The one I'm most familiar with are
consistently-complete \omega-algebraic cpos, but they're far from the
only option.

Also, I may be misremembering my facts about how the domain theory and
the category theory fit together. I do recall that domain products break
some sorts of desirable properties, but that may be due to something
else about them.

--
Live well,
~wren