[Haskell-cafe] porting feed to xml-enumerator

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Mon Jan 2 19:54:25 CET 2012

Hi Sigbjorn (and Don),

I'm back for another reason. feed leaks and uses a lot of memory due to the xml package. Rather than fix xml I ported feed to xml-enumerator, which is used by yesod and more actively maintained than xml. This seems to have fixed the problem so I'm thinking of uploading this version to hackage as feed-1.0 (which I'll use for rss2irc and hackagebot.)

Please let me know whether you agree. Also you might be interested in moving your repo (http://code.galois.com/cgi-bin/gitweb?p=feed.git;a=summary) to github ? This would make it easier to publish my changes, either to the main repo or a branch or fork. Otherwise I'll need to get them to your repo somehow.

Thanks again,
-Simon