[Haskell-cafe] Problems with libgmp on Amazon Linux

Yucheng Zhang yczhang89 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 06:04:55 CET 2012

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 8:08 AM, Nicu Ionita <nicu.ionita at acons.at> wrote:
> It seemed to work pretty well, with some problems when configuring HP,
> because although libgmp was already installed, it was not recognized. I
> installed the newer version 5.0.2 (from sources) [4], did some tricks (cp
> /usr/lib/lib/libgmp* /usr/lib), then configure worked and HP was built and
> installed.

I think you should get the installed libgmp recognized, but not doing tricks
like this. It is no problem as a temporary solution, but you should always
try to make use of a package manager.

> (libgmp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

I have no experience with AWS, but it seems that you need to run a ldconfig
to rebuild the cache, since you installed libgmp just by copying into /usr/lib.

ldconfig -n /usr/bin