[Haskell-cafe] [web-devel] [ANNOUNCE] First release of crypto-conduit

Aristid Breitkreuz aristidb at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 8 05:12:24 CET 2012

2012/1/8 Vincent Hanquez <tab at snarc.org>:
> What would you prefer ?
>
> At the moment, i'm inclined to someday move cryptohash apis to be similar to
> crypto-api. i.e. from a result type being a bytestring to an opaque type
> with serialize/show instance.

Why? I don't actually need the hash object for anything, usually. All
I need is the ByteString, and then I need to learn how to use the
cereal package to get it...

So talking purely about convenience, I would prefer hash :: HashType
-> InputData -> ByteString. That would probably not be extensible
enough, so I'm not sure how to optimally do it.

Aristid