[Haskell-cafe] Monad-control rant

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 17:10:01 CET 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 08:17, Mikhail Vorozhtsov <
mikhail.vorozhtsov at gmail.com> wrote:

> As I said, you think of IO too much.

I think you two are talking about two related but different things;
monad-control is solving a *specific* problem with IO, but you want
something more general.  I think you'll find your more general solution
will involve monad-control, but will not satisfy all the use cases for
monad-control (because IO is a sewer, and sometimes you need to deal with
the sewer as such).