[Haskell-cafe] Monad-control rant

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 19:52:53 CET 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 06:29, Mikhail Vorozhtsov <
mikhail.vorozhtsov at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't be too optimistic about convincing GHC HQ. Even making
> Applicative a superclass of Monad can make Haskell98 nazis come after you
> in ninja suits.

What?!  The only significant complaint I've seen here is that the necessary
language support for doing so without breaking more or less every Haskell
program currently in existence is difficult to achieve.

On the other hand, I suppose if you're sufficiently fanatical, breaking
more or less every Haskell program currently in existence might be viewed
as a minor issue that you think nobody has any right to be upset about.