[Haskell-cafe] generating parens for pretty-printing code in haskell-src-exts

Levent Erkok erkokl at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 19:45:52 CET 2012

Neil Mitchell's HLint (http://community.haskell.org/~ndm/hlint/) warns
about "extra parens" in Haskell code. So, it must have code for
detecting those. I wonder if you can just insert parens liberally in a
first run, and then use his algorithm to remove those that are
unnecessary. The two passes can probably be fused, if you're willing
to use haskell-stc-exts and do a bit of bookkeeping..

-Levent.