[Haskell-cafe] Efficient temporary file storage??

Vincent Hanquez tab at snarc.org
Tue Jan 24 08:51:00 CET 2012

On 01/24/2012 07:33 AM, Gregory Crosswhite wrote:
> On 1/24/12 9:43 AM, Felipe Almeida Lessa wrote:
>> Use cereal [1], usually it's fast and easy enough.
>
> Out of curiosity, is binary no longer the recommended standard for such things?

binary got only an interface for processing lazy bytestring.
cereal is able to do strict and lazy bytestring and got a partial interface like
attoparsec (which is required to do proper network/io processing).

Fortunately it's very simple to convert between the two, since the actual
serialization API is really close.

Features-wise, in my view, cereal is a superset of binary. the only thing
missing that i've noticed is that you can't tell how many bytes you have
processed with cereal.

--
Vincent