[Haskell-cafe] Bad interface problem.

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 16:55:27 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 5:28 AM, Magicloud Magiclouds <
magicloud.magiclouds at gmail.com> wrote:

> Even I removed all user space packages, the error was still. I think
> it is a ghc pkg problem, that every package register itself as
> package:function while ghc (or cabal?) required
> package-version:function.

That's not the problem, it's the symptom.  Package symbols are always
versioned; ghc only shows the version when it's the only way to
disambiguate symbols.

So when it shows you a conflict where one is versioned and the other isn't,
you have multiple versions of a package installed.

> But --constraint='template-haskell-2.7.0.0' did make it compiled.

And that's how you prevent it.