[Haskell-cafe] Cabal install fails due to recent HUnit

Simon Hengel sol at typeful.net
Wed Jul 18 18:16:19 CEST 2012

CCing: Ross Paterson and Richard G.

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 05:54:44PM +0200, Martijn Schrage wrote:
> On 18-07-12 17:37, Erik Hesselink wrote:
> >Hi Martijn,
> >
> >Yes, upgrading will obviously fix things (we do use 0.14 on our
> >development machines)
> Well, to me it wasn't entirely obvious that upgrading to
> Cabal-1.10.2.0 fixes the problem for cabal-install-0.12, and I still
> think this is a good solution for most people that use version
> 2012.2.0.0 of the platform.
>
> I'd suggest you ask Duncan to patch the hackage repository, and
> maybe contact the maintainer of HUnit to prevent future problems.

This also breaks all travis-ci builds.  I think it is critical to
refrain from using conditionals in test-suite stanzas for some time +
fix the "broken" release on Hackage.

Is there a way to make this issue more well-know.  Would a warning on
the upload page help?

@Richard FYI: Just uploading a new package won't solve this issue.

Cheers,
Simon