[Haskell-cafe] An attempt at an EDSL for platform independent 3D animation

Ivan Perez ivanperezdominguez at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 14:06:18 CEST 2012

I tried it and it's very cool. Simple, but nice.

It would be great to improve both this and Marionetta [1], so that we
can create those dancing moves using this second package and have it
generate instructions in your DSL (I fear the moves won't look so
natural if we program all of them by hand).

I've been developing a Graphic Adventure IDE that, hopefully, I'll
release very soon, and I'd love to be able to generate basic character
animations (automagically) using simple commands like "walk to object
X". This would allow potential users to see the game in just a few
hours of work, and have the animators draw the actual characters later
(animation is a slow, expensive process, and you want to make sure
that you change the animations as little as possible).

Keep it on! :)

Cheers,
Ivan.

https://github.com/paolino/marionetta